Financial support and benefits

If you are disabled or live with a long term health condition, you might be entitled to some financial support or help.

There are many benefits you might be able to apply for. The ones we help most people with are:

  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Universal Credit (UC)
  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Housing Benefit (HB)
  • Carer’s Allowance (CA)
  • Blue Badges

If you think you might be entitled to one or more of these benefits, our advisors will be happy to help you. If you would like more information or to talk to someone before you apply, please contact our Advice Centre.

The Government’s website has a list of disability benefits. The Government’s information page on disability benefits

If you have already applied but have been refused

If you have already applied for a benefit but been refused our Advice Centre might be able to help you. You should telephone them in the first instance and if you need to make an appointment to see someone, they will let you know.

If you are entitled to an allowance or benefit

If you are entitled to an allowance or benefit, you might want to pay someone to give you support to live more independently.

Possability People has a range of options that might suit you. Follow the links in the boxes below to find out how we can help.

Advice Centre

Contact our Advice Centre by telephone on 01273 89 40 50 or email

Disability advice in Brighton and Hove

Advice and help with welfare benefits and a range of other issues

Possability People’s advice team are a highly experienced group of experts, with a wealth of knowledge about the allowances and benefits you might be entitled to. The benefits system can feel difficult and stressful. We can explain what benefits might be available to you, talk through the claims process and help fill in the necessary paperwork. We can help you challenge benefit decisions you disagree with and in some cases, support you through appeals.

We can offer information and advice about equipment or assistive technology. If you want to know about money, housing or how to deal with debt, holidays or local groups and services in the community, we can advise you.

All the work we do is independent and in confidence. We have The Advice Quality Standard and work in partnership with other agencies to provide specialist knowledge when needed.

Sometimes a telephone call is all you need to solve a problem, so phone us first. If we think you need more time, we will make an appointment to see you.

Opening times

Our advisors are available by telephone, from 10am – 4pm, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (closed Wednesdays).

Contact us

The easiest way to contact us is by telephone. Call our advisors on 01273 894050.

You can also email us at

The Advice Centre

Contact our disability Advice Centre by telephone on 01273 89 40 50 or email

Contact us

Please telephone us on 01273 89 40 40 or email