Co-Producing Co-Production was a conference held in Brighton in March.
In March 2023, Possability People, Changing Futures Sussex and SCALE organised a conference about co-production.
It had two main aims:
- To share good practice and values for working in co-production across Sussex.
- To encourage networking and strengthen communication between people working in co-production across Sussex.
How do Possability People and SCALE engage and support people with lived experience?
- We facilitate Lived Experience Advisory Groups across Sussex for people to share their experiences and opinions about mental health services.
- We support the attendance of people in strategic meetings when they have had lived experience of those specific services/themes.
- We offer check-ins with people before, during and after meetings to check their well-being and understanding.
- We offer reimbursement of people’s time for their involvement.
Mentoring and peer support opportunities are encouraged within the groups.
- We arrange social meet-ups for the groups and support making connections across the group.
- Offering regular opportunities for people to meet with the facilitators to discuss their support needs and personal development.