Round up of National Disability News
Disability Stories in the news for the week of Thursday 9 July 2020
This week’s headlines:
- Pandemic survey leads to ‘outpouring of fear’ and reports of isolation and crisis
- Coronavirus: Academics call for urgent inquiry into deaths
- Coffey shows ‘active contempt’ for rights over Disability Confident snub
- Housing association ordered to apologise after hate crime ordeal failings
- Disabled activists call for a refreshed social model to ‘bring it back to life’
Read the full stories by downloading the word document below.
About Disability News Service
Disability News Service (DNS) is run by John Pring, an experienced journalist who has been reporting on disability issues for nearly 20 years.
He launched DNS in April 2009 to address the absence of in-depth reporting in both the specialist and mainstream media on issues that affect the lives of disabled people.
Read more about DNS